This position will work as part of a team having responsibility for repairing gel-coat and fiberglass defects on FRP parts. Team members can perform all tasks including but not limited to sanding, buffing and repair work on the FRP parts.
1. Reads, interprets, understands and efficiently performs multiple repair operations by following work instructions, safety guidelines and other organizational policies, procedures, and rules.
a. Repairs gel-coat and FRP defects on boat decks, hulls and other FRP
b. Uses fiberglass, resins, gel-coat and catalysts.
2. Helps to maintain equipment and minimize downtime. Maintains and cleans tools, and disposes of chemicals in proper areas.
3. Follows established assembly processes and does not deviate without proper written approval from management.
4. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
1. Able to walk approximately 3 – 7 miles per day
2. Perform repetitive motions while walking or standing
3. Stand/walk for duration of shift
4. Able to lift 50 pounds
5. Talking, hearing and normal vision required.
6. Normal duties include reaching, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, twisting, lifting and climbing.
7. Must wear personal protective equipment, including gloves, aprons and respirators.
High school diploma or GED preferred. One or more years of assembly experience in a heavy manufacturing environment. Reading/comprehension, speaking and writing in English at 9th grade equivalency level. Ability to complete written forms, read routine procedures and correspondence.
Works in all areas of organization. Working environment is characterized by loud noises and general production conditions. Requires physical stamina and moderate to heavy lifting (50 to 75 lbs.), with or without accommodation. Work involves walking, standing, sitting, climbing, kneeling, reaching, crouching, etc. Requires near and far vision, hearing and talking.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.